There is controversy around base tan as wherever it is necessary to have a base tan before vacation? Are those tanning bed lotions effective?
Some people suppose that a fundamental tan is something that everyone could not ignore because it could protect you from sunburn and skin cancer. What is the truth, then?
It's well worth your time to read today's blog post to fully prepare for your upcoming vacation! Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
What Is A Base Tan?
By boosting melanin in your skin (tanning) and darkening your skin pigmentation, the base tan will boost your tan and build sun protection. A base tan is usually developed two to three weeks before a vacation or to prepare for the summer.
However, we always advise only utilizing 0.3-fit tanning booths. This also means that the UV output will be comparable to that of the Mediterranean midday sun, which will comply with European rules.
Tips For Base Tan Before Vacation
If you're going to get a base tan, be sure your skin is in great condition. Healthy skin will always tan better than skin that is drab and dry! Now, let’s look at some tips for base tan; prepare yourself before the coming of “golden time”!
- Depending on your skin type or skin color, utilize tanning beds for a short time. After a few weeks, progressively increase tanning time because the skin requires time to recuperate from each tan.
- After tanning, stay out of the sun for at least 24 hours, especially if you have skin type 3 (refer to beige skin color) or above. Tans for people with skin type 2 (refer to white-light skin color) should be spaced 48 hours apart. We strongly advise people with skin type 1 (refer to pale white skin color) to avoid tanning indoors. In advance, you had better learn about your skin type first to be able to apply the right method and achieve a high tan.
- Dye your skin up to twice a week.
- During the tanning process, use a professional skin cream. Furthermore, the products are UV-protected, allowing the skin to be moisturized, rejuvenated, and nourished. Look for skin creams that are high in vitamins, high-quality skincare components, and antioxidants.
- Always moisturize your skin to ensure that your tan lasts as long as possible. In this way, your skin will not reflect light, and the skin's ability to tan is increased as a result. We recommend using the Tan Extender to ensure a lasting tan or using some store-bought moisturizer that contains ingredients that aid in your tan.
- Once you've developed a base tan, continue to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. While base tan provides sun protection, its effect will be enhanced when using it in conjunction with SPF.
- Never use too much - while building your foundation, you need to start gently because your skin won't get used to UV exposure. Besides, this also includes avoiding the sun after tanning. Your UV exposure will be controlled by using tanning beds. However, if you spend a lot of time in the sun, it will be completely detrimental to the tanning process, and your UV exposure will no longer be controlled.
Accordingly, you're still better off adopting the following recommendations to prevent sunburn and other skin conditions:
- How hot does it have to be to tan? In fact, the temperature has little effect on your tanning process. There will be a higher cancer risk if you expose your skin directly under the sun. Please limit sun exposure as much as possible between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m, because the sun is at its strongest during this time.
- Wear clothes to cover your legs and arms prior to hanging out, especially types of clothes that have good sun protection function. Sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat are also essential against UV damage.
- Do not forget to regularly use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. The more water-resistant, the better.
- Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outdoors. Subsequently, you must reapply it every 2 hours or more often if you sweat or go swimming.
Surprising Advantages Of A Base Tan
*Note: Can you still get a tan when it’s cloudy? The answer is yes, it is possible. As mentioned before, the temperature has little effect on the tanning process; it is the UV rays that make you tan! UV rays still can reach your skin even though our naked eyes can not see them on cloudy or misty days! Therefore, preparing your skin with protection from sunscreen or tanning bed lotions regardless of the weather is a must!
A base tan will help to stimulate the production of melanin and darken your skin. The advantages of a base tan can be demonstrated in three ways:
First of all, a tan causes your skin to become more pigmented, which is the same as applying SPF 4. This index can allow you to spend four times as much time in the sun without any other protection. After utilizing sunscreen, it will provide an additional layer of sunburn protection.
A base tan thickens the skin and makes it more resistant to UV damage because long-term exposure to UV radiation can cause unforeseen hurt to your skin. It's essential to stay out of the sun as much as possible and use proper sunscreen or any sun protection. Thus, the answer to the question “Do you tan with sunscreen?” is yes without a doubt.
A tan can also promote DNA repair, allowing your skin to heal more quickly and even raising vitamin D levels in your skin. This boost appears to be more beneficial for your health for outdoor working or activities. As a result, by increasing your vitamin D levels, you'll be on set for your vacation.
Our Final Thoughts
Sun exposure is beneficial in moderation but can be harmful if exposed for too long. Hence, to prepare well for a summer vacation with your family, it is best to carefully plan your skin tan. Do not forget that you should have tan done a few weeks before the holiday!
Nevertheless, you have also got the answer to the question “ Can you tan when it’s cloudy?” and “Do you need to spray tan before going to the beach?”
As you can see, a Base Tan Before Vacation is great with the range of benefits that we have listed. So why not immediately apply this way to have an ideal skin for the wonderful time to come?
Best Tanning Lotions for Sensitive Skin (Hypoallergenic, Soothing, & Moisturizing)
What tanning products do is accelerate and boost the whole tanning process. The thing about tanning lotions is that they’re responsible for developing a natural-looking bronzed look quicker. And they also make sure the tan lasts for a longer time. Thanks to the special ingredients present in these formulas.